This event is FREE, and for those of you who want to get YOUR A** KICKED and truly CHALLENGE YOURSELF.
What is the 5 Peak Challenge?
A challenge to complete hiking 5 peaks that are all located in Mission Trails Park (San Diego), including Cowles Mountain, Pyles Peak, Kwaay Paay Peak, South Fortuna and North Fortuna.
In this hiking event, we will be putting our minds and endurance to the test to complete all 5 peaks in 1 day (starting at 7am and ending that afternoon.)
We'll be here to encourage, motivate, check-in, and guide you to complete this challenge! Doing this challenge in a group with other motivated individuals holds you accountable and makes the hike so much more fun!
You will get a 5 Peak Challenge certificate of completion form Mission Trails Park!
- Please meet us at Cowles Mountain Trailhead promptly at 7am as we cannot wait and delay the start time of the challenge.
- Plan ahead for parking as it can get very busy on weekend mornings.
- Bring plenty of WATER. You will need to be constantly hydrating yourself through this hike.
- Bring LOTS of snacks and eat a "fueling" breakfast. I recommend bring trail mix and fruit (sweet and savory, dry and hydrating).
- Wear a cap, bring sunglasses, wear sunscreen, and anything else you need for various weather conditions.
- Actual hiking shoes (shoes with good grip and comfort) are highly recommended as there will be several inclines and declines.
- Must be 18+
- Please make good judgment on what's right for you, as you are responsible for your own health.
- Must have a registered ticket a waiver filled out to participate with the group.
So excited to have each and every one of you there!
Do this challenge for yourself, push yourself to your limits, meet amazing people and fully immerse yourself in nature <3